Don’t let the name fool you – our heart may be in Bristol, but talent has no borders and we accept makers from anywhere in the UK.
IS IT TIME TO REACH NEW AUDIENCES?
What is the Makers Directory?
Our Makers Directory is an online showcase featuring an inspiring curation of independent makers. With a wealth of high-quality products on offer – from ceramics to prints, skincare to slow fashion, jewellery to homewares – our directory is the go-to for shoppers looking to find unique, hand-crafted loveliness.
At Bristol Market, we care deeply about sustainability, inclusivity, shopping small and supporting independents. With these values at the forefront, we hand-pick our makers to ensure not only are their products fantastic, but they operate with ethical and eco-conscious principles too.
While our roots are in Bristol, we recognise talent has no borders. We feature makers from all over the UK and attract an audience from across the nation and beyond.
What do we offer our Makers?
We know online presence is essential for brand exposure. And while having your own website or web shop is fundamental, featuring on other websites alongside that is proven to greatly increase your visibility and engagement. Bristol Market’s Makers Directory is the perfect place to do this.
We are dedicated to promoting our directory makers and helping them promote themselves! Our mission is to introduce their work to new audiences, increasing brand awareness, website visits and sales. We do this in a number of ways.
- Each maker has a page on our website directory featuring a brand profile, product shots and links to their website / shop and social media channels. We write each brand profile and manage each page so that the directory has a cohesive feel, works effectively, and looks tip top!
- We work hard on our own website visibility and SEO to ensure buyers are connecting with us and our directory makers.
- We regularly showcase our directory makers via our Bristol Market Instagram account – which has 17,500 followers and counting – as well as Facebook and Pinterest.
- Our mailing list is full of supporters of small business and fans of all things independent and artisanal. We update them regularly on what our directory makers are up to and where to find them.
- We send press releases to local and national media and Bristol Market has been featured in The Mirror, Circus Journal, The Indie Guide and Lionheart magazine.
- As well as attracting shoppers from all over the globe, our Makers Directory is a resource for shops and buyers seeking new wholesale opportunities.
- Bristol Market is a super friendly community. Our private Facebook group for makers is a supportive place to communicate with fellow creatives and seek advice regarding selling, marketing, etc.
- We have great links with brilliant professionals and services who can help develop your creative brand and business. We often offer free training sessions and business advice to our makers via our makers’ Facebook group.
How do you join?
** Please note that our £7 per month fee will apply if you join in November 2021. Makers applying from December onwards will pay a slightly higher fee (fee TBC) **
Being featured on the Bristol Market Makers Directory and benefitting from our promotion and expertise costs just £7 per month, with no minimum term.
If you are a maker with ethical and eco-friendly values who creates wonderful and unique products, we would love to hear from you. Simply complete the form at the bottom of this page and we will be in touch in November with further details about how to apply.
Bristol Market has become a community. We really feel how much Geraldine loves the traders she works with, she walks the walk, supports them and always has time for questions, to give advice and receive feedback. In uncertain times Bristol Markets is a light that shines. Our customer reach has expanded afar, and we have learnt how to implement a consistent online strategy to carry us forward. Bohobo Aromatherapies
'As we are an independent shop based in Bristol, we are always looking for new artists who make certain products. I would definitely recommend using the Bristol Market website as a helpful resource into finding the right artists for our store' Chitra- Independent Design Collective
'As a new business, I can not recommend being on the Bristol Market Directory strongly enough. I'm based in Scotland and only sell online, and I get regular orders throughout the year from Bristol and surrounding areas, which I can definitely attribute to being seen on this directory. It's worth the (very reasonable) price! Alice - Pajama's Pantry